Thursday, November 7, 2013

DualShock 4 (PS4 Controller)

Guess what day is around the corner? If you you said Thanksgiving, you would be right, but I was thinking of something just a little bit better. What could it be? How about the launch of Sony's 4th generation console, the Sony PlayStation 4 or as we all call it The PS4. That is right, the PS4 is right around the corner (November 15th if you forgot) and I have gotten my hands on a very necessary accessory, as in an extra controller. But since, I don't have the console in home yet, the closest thing I have to the actual PS4 is this new form DualShock 4 controller. So how does Sony's newest DualShock stack up? Let's find out. 


Well first thing is first, you can now pick up this controller at GameStop and Amazon. I also believe you can pick up the camera accessory as well and both will run you about $60 American. So the controller really feels good in the hand. It is slightly heavier than the current DualShock 3 and it follows the PS4's new two tone color scheme. So the one I have is black on black or a plastic black on a matte charcoal grey/black. There are rumors of other colors coming our way in America, but when is anybodies guess.
This Would Be A Day 1 Purchase!!

This Looks Good Too!! One Of My Buddy's Favorite Color.
The one problem that I think a person may encounter with the button placement is the share button. Maybe because I was used to start and select in the middle but I didn't press it often on accident but remembering that it is there when you need to press it may be uncomfortable at first. I am also going out to grab the PS4 camera and have that ready as well. There are a few PS4 titles rolling out slowly now. I know at our Best Buy you can get Call of Duty Ghosts now on PS4 and I think Assassins Creed 4 as well. The controller is responsive to input and after several hours of play, your hand (at least mine) didn't get sweaty from playing so long. That is why the Air Flow controllers are so popular, but with this controller, I didn't have that problem.

I have been playing with this for awhile now (well at least 5 days) and really all I play is Hotline Miami and Battlefield 4 with it. I have a list of games that is compatible with it right out the box here. Overall, the controller is stellar and a nice/big change for DualShock fans like myself. So until the real system drops in a few days here in America, this is the best I have to go on. Also want everyone to be aware that this controller is reportedly working with Mac/PC's right out the box as well.

So overall, since the controller is a must for the PS4 and you have no choice but to use it early on in the PS4 release, you'll just have to get used to it. Not saying that it is a terrible controller or feels funny, but it is a mid-major change to a controller that has been around for years (PS1 days) and if your one of the many people coming from Xbox to PS4, then it is a wake up call from what you are used to as well. But it feels good in the hand, and your hands wrap around the controller as if you two need each other (which in essence you do).

So that's it. That's my review of the PS4 DualShock 4 Controller for the PlayStation 4. If I had to grade it, I would say, 9/10 (8.5 at the least and a 9.5/10 at the max). It's not a 10/10, but its damn sure close.

Coming Soon: AOC 23" I2367FH Monitor; I run down my week so far with the Nexus 5. Also we are going to be looking at one of my new favorite things lately, and that is the Philips Hue. And once again we check out some of the most popular PS3 games to come out since 2006 until 2013 as we revisit the Sony PS3. If there are any games you wanted mentioned, send me a message and I will put it in there.

Twittwr.com/TitosTech
Raptr.com/TitosTech
PSN:The_D_O_P_E_69
XBL:Shawn Starr
WiiU: Shawn Starr










No comments:

Post a Comment