Monday, November 4, 2013

POWER A FUS1ON Tournament Controller (PS3 Version)

The FUS1ON




Not thinking about upgrading to the PS4 or Xbox1 just yet? Need a new controller to handle all of the games and new games for the current generation systems? Well look no further than the FUS1ON Tournament controller by PowerA. This is the same company that makes those great air flow controllers and who also has their hands on a controller I reviewed a few months back and one of my favorite mobile phone and tablet controllers; the MOGA Pro. I also have a few other things from PowerA like a few WiiU accessories and Xbox 360 as well. But today, we are going to look at the FUS1ON PS3 edition.

First thing I want to say about this controller is that the presentation of this controller once you unbox it is top notch! Just unboxing it makes you feel like you are getting a very premium controller that you are not upset about spending your hard earned dollars for. The other thing that I want to say early on is that this controller is a corded controller, not a fan of cords but this controller is the exception. One of the main things you feel about the controller early on is the feel of the plastic and the smooth curves that hug this controller. The controller comes with a set of decals and other reading material like product information and warranty info. The box itself houses the kit. The kit contains the reading material, decals, and 4 soft grip handles for the controller and a small screwdriver. The controller out of the box has a unibody hard plastic feel to it. But where the handles are to grip the controller, you can unscrew those pieces and replace them with the included soft grip covers. I played a whole two days with the hard cover (playing GTA V and Battlefield 3) and then replaced them with the soft covers (playing NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4) which I seemed to like a little better. If anyone out there owns a MOGA Pro controller, then you know what this controller feels like, they feel very similar and the button layout is almost the same.

The Controller also lights up in 6 different colors that are placed behind the two analog sticks and the four buttons (square, circle, X and triangle). The best feature that I like is that, the R2 and L2 buttons are more like "triggers" whereas the original PS3 controller has the buttons going inward. When playing games like Battlefield 3/4, I noticed my fingers didn't slip off the triggers or my thumbs didn't need to be repositioned every few shots because of the intensity. Maybe that is why the PS4 controller went this route as well (and I will talk about that soon as well). As you can tell the controller is set up like the Xbox 360. Which honestly is not a bad thing. The controls are tight and fluid. I didn't notice any "noticeable lag"and I thought the analogs were real responsive to movement and trying to target enemies real quickly. Other than that, there is not much else to say about this controller. It doesn't feel cheap, and other than the cord, which is a special tangle free braided cord, there is nothing real negative about the controller. Since my other controller has finally started to die out on me (well normal wear and tear), it was time to get another controller. But with the PS4 right around the corner, I had to pick up a controller to keep me gaming until November 15th. Thank goodness for PowerA and this wonderful yet lightweight controller. This controller is a keeper and if you are not jumping ship to the new kid on the block just yet this November, then picking up this controller will make sure that those future releases on the PS3 will ensure your most quality control.

Coming Soon: AOC 23" I2367FH MonitorPlayStation Dualshock 4 (PS4 Controller); I know I said the review of the iPhone 5s was coming, but I decided to go with the Nexus 5 instead. And as soon as that comes in (about 2 weeks) I will have it up for all of you to check out. Lastly, well we check out some of the most popular PS3 games to come out since 2006 until 2013 as we revisit the Sony PS3. If there are any games you wanted mentioned, send me a message and I will put it in there. Also we are going to be looking at one of my new favorite things lately, and that is the Philips Hue.

Remember to circle me on Google+
PSN: The_D_O_P_E_69
XBL: Shawn Starr
WiiU: Shawn Starr
twiter.com/titostech
raptr.com/titostech
























No comments:

Post a Comment