Friday, September 13, 2013

GTA 5

No intro! This is GTA 5, pre-game release. 

Run 3rd Street Saints! Run!!
So i have been, for the past 2 days, playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on PS3. What is odd is how the more i kept playing, the more I started thinking about GTA 5. I have been bitten by the GTA bug all over again. If you have been a fan of the series, then you know GTA goes back a long ways. When I sat down to write this, including GTA 5, I didn't know there have been 15 games in the series and honestly I have played maybe almost 13 out of the 15 (never played Grand Theft Auto Advance). As a game player you just have no idea that the time has gone by so much. I still can here my favorite line in the old GTA, "and remember Jesus loves us!" 

Anyway, the I know that I was saying that I was done with this generation's gaming and was moving on to the next gen in Nov. but after playing San Andreas, I think I really have that feel of playing GTA 5. Honestly to me San Andreas was the last great GTA game, as I liked GTA 4 but its not in my top 5 of favorites to play (it may be 6 or 7). What i did like about 4 was the story once you got time to know it. But when I played San Andreas or GTA 3 or Vice City, I just fell in live with those games and thought they made me lose a lot of my time. The original Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto 2 (my other top 5 games) were so great to just pick up and play that it just amazes me how now I can still pick up those games and still play that top down view. That is why GTA 5 is looking like I need to at least spend a few more weeks playing this generations games. I hate to go back on things that I said, but this game is looking so much and so much more like I will have to download this and keep this forever (digital download for me please). I hope that the game is everything that I want it to be and more. The way it looks and moves is breathtaking. I have been watching the videos for it multiple times to put myself in the playing seat or what I would or will do when I get to those certain parts. 

The funny thing is, is that I almost stopped playing GTA after playing with GTA 4. In the beginning, I just didn't lime it....at all. For a period of time, I had become a Saints Row fan super hard. I liked part 1 on Xbox 360 and when I played part 2, I couldn't help but to compare it to GTA. To me they are the same type of open world game lets you run amok but also have a purpose to the game. When Saints Row The Third dropped, I couldn't help but to buy all the download packs and just engulf myself in that game. I look at Saints Row 4, and I refuse to touch it....at all. To me they went in a direction that just makes me shake my head in disbelief. I know it is selling well and all that, but I will not play that game! Playing 1,2, and 3 and then seeing 4, i just can't do it. But I keep looking at this GTA 5 and all I can do is just respect and love this game even more. So here is to the 17th of September and all of the people who are playing this game on this day. Good luck and i hope to see some of you players out there on PSN playing online. 

Follow Me on Twitter
Follow Me on Raptr
PSN: The_D_O_P_E_69
XBL: Shawn Starr
Circle Me on Google+ 




No comments:

Post a Comment