Monday, May 20, 2013

The Galaxy Note 2


I know it has been awhile since I have blogged, life has happened (good and bad) and so now I am here, I am ready to talk about the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
I am going to tell you the honest truth, this phone is not for everyone. It's not because of the phone's huge screen, but it not for everyone due to the fact that it's not that practical. It's a great conversation piece because of it's size in general, but there are things that go on with the phone that just becomes a headache. The main thing being that it is not great for one hand operation. Let me get this out there before there is some sort of backlash. There is a one hand feature built into the phone, but yet everything is really not "one-handed".
This, however, is my only big gripe about the phone. Out of all the phones I have had, red Nokia Lumia 920, black iPhone 4s, pebble blue Galaxy S3, and a black Motorola Droid 4, this phone is by far the best and my favorite. So then you wonder, well who is the phone really for? Well that depends. If you are a business man/woman and you attend a lot of meetings and things of that nature, then this is the phone for you and it is a phone that you should have in your setup. If you your not a business man/woman than this is a great phone to have but not a great everyday phone for you. If you're just an everyday kind of person, who likes to have a phone that does more but not too huge on the screen size and basically practical, then you should go with an S3 or S4, that's just my personal opinion.  
Here's the thing, the Galaxy Note 2, is a fantastic phone that is full features that either enhance the Android experience or builds on Touch Wiz's solid feature set. The good news is that when Android moves on to 5.0 key lime pie(or if it hits 4.3 jelly bean) this will be one of the phones that will get that update (at some point in the future).  The bad news is if you are one of those people who cannot stand Touchwiz, then you may not be as angry with it on this phone but just know that it is there in rare form. My experience with Touchwiz has been pleasant (thank God) but I do know people who absolutely hate it and refuse to buy Samsung's because of it or just root their device's any way. If you you can get past this huge behemoth that it is, then this phone is a great buy and you should have one in your pocket or purse.
I do feel that if/when a new Galaxy Note 3 comes out, I will have to get it because I am a huge fan of this phone and wanted to get my hands on an original Note as well. Again I am no tech expert, but I do love electronics and gadgets and I feel like a have a very realistic view of electronics and gadgets in general. This phone is awesome would recommend this phone in a heartbeat to anyone. If there are any questions you want to know about the phone, then reply back and I will answer as fast as I can.

The Galaxy Note 2 Overall 9.5/10

Specs and other info found here: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/spec.html?type=find




No comments:

Post a Comment